There is only one paper submission category, from 4 to 10 pages. This page count excludes references; papers may contain as many pages of references as needed, but the number of references should be justified by the work presented in the paper.
- Paper quality versus length will be assessed according to a contribution-per-page judgment.
- All accepted papers will be orally presented at the NCSCM-2018
- Papers must be written in English.
- Submissions must not be under review by any other conference, journal or other publication venue during NCSCM-2018’s reviewing period, and must not be previously published or accepted for publication elsewhere. This includes publications that have previously appeared in languages other than English. NCSCM-2018 actively searches for duplicate submissions by exchanging author and title lists with other conferences and journals. Such submissions will be rejected without review, and the coordinators of the duplicate submission will be notified.
- Papers must be strictly formatted according to the submission guidelines and submitted electronically as MS Word documents. NCSCM-2018 uses a single-blind reviewing process (see FAQ below). Thus, authors and affiliations may be mentioned.
- Authors may include supplementary materials with the submission. Supplemental material can include videos, proofs, code, experimental data, appendices, audio files, and other files that supplement the paper. These materials will be included on the conference thumb drive. A pointer to the supplemental material should be included in the text of the paper. Supplemental material may not be used to extend page limits; the paper itself must completely describe the research and results.
- Videos should not be longer than five minutes, and the total size of all submitted materials (including the PDF document) must be under 50MB; but 100MB can be granted if requested by authors. Authors submitting a video should also include a text file describing the codec used to encode the video. Videos should be playable with standard software on PCs, Macs, and Linux machines. If the reviewers cannot play the video, it may reduce the chances of the submission being accepted.
- The submission must include all information necessary to evaluate the paper and must not ask reviewers to go to web sites or other external information sources, since that might circumvent page and media format limits, and may jeopardize the anonymity of the reviewers. Such external sites will not be accessed during the review process.
- For accepted papers, at least one author must register for the conference and present the work. If no author is fully registered by the camera-ready submission deadline, the accepted work will be withdrawn from publication.
All materials will be submitted electronically through email to the Conference sectaries at
After your submission the following process takes place:
- The submission will be reviewed by the program committee and external reviewers. Each paper will receive at least two reviews.
- Based on the reviews the program committee will come to a decision. A first notification will be provided. The decision might be accept, conditionally accept or reject.
- If a paper is conditionally accepted, then the authors must revise and resubmit their paper. The paper’s shepherd oversees this process. After resubmission, the program chairs and shepherd come to a final decision of accept or reject.
- After acceptance, authors prepare and submit a final, camera-ready version of their paper.
- Finally, one of the authors presents the paper at NCSCM-2018.
NCSCM-2017 accepts highly quality original research papers. Every submitted paper is subjected to a standard review process.
(1) Submission Categories: There is one paper submission category. Papers must describe a substantial contribution to the field, and must provide the evaluations necessary to validate the claims made regarding the paper’s contribution. See the section below, “Writing a good NCSCM-2018 paper,” for more guidelines. However, these are only hints; the final merit and contribution of each paper is a judgment determined by the reviewers and program committee.
(2) First Review Cycle: NCSCM-2018 has two tiers of reviewers: the program committee members, and the external reviewers. The program chairs first assign each paper to a primary reviewer from the program committee. The primary reviewer submits his/her review report stating:
- Pass the paper to the external reviewers.
- Reject the paper (uncompetitive papers).
(3) Second Review Cycle: the external reviewers sent their reports after the reviewing the scope, contents, and contributions of the paper in the following format:
- Conditionally accept the paper into TVCG.
- Discuss the paper at the IPC meeting.
- Reject the paper (uncompetitive papers).
(5) Program Committee Meeting: The program committee and the program chairs then meet and discuss the external reviewers’ reports of the reviewed papers. For each paper, they come to a consensus to:
- Conditionally accept the paper into NCSCM-2018.
- Accept the paper into the NCSCM-2018 Conference proceedings.
- Reject the paper.
After the decision is made, the secretary of the Program Committee prepare a report , which summarizes the reviews and provides the rationale for the decision.
(6) Revision Phase: For conditionally accepted papers, the author must meet in order for the paper to be accepted. Authors may of course choose to withdraw their paper rather than meet the conditions. For each conditionally accepted paper, the program committee assigns a shepherd, who works with the authors to see that the conditions for acceptance are successfully applied to the paper. After the revised paper is submitted, the shepherd and the program chairs make the final decision of accept or reject.
(7) Preparation of Camera-Ready Version: Finally, the authors of accepted papers prepare a final, camera-ready version.
Also see the Reviewing Guidelines for more information.
Preparation of Camera-Ready Version:
Submit the final version to the email where the original paper was submitted:
Use the “Final Submission Form” to provide your final version and any supplementary material, such as video files.
In the preparation of the final submission, follow the camera-ready instructions.
Ensure that you are using the correct formatting and submit the NCSCM-2018 copyright form. Otherwise, your contribution might not be included in the proceedings
Presentations of accepted papers will be normally assigned an oral session. Oral presentations should be between 15–20 minutes, maximum. There will be an additional 5 minutes for questions and handover to the next presentation. Please use the break before your session to meet your session chair and to test your equipment. In addition, all paper presenters will have an opportunity to present their work as a demo/poster at the Conference.